SWR: Super Redhead or Silverado?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by belair57, Feb 3, 2001.

1. I have played both the Super Redhead(2x10) and the
    Silverado(2x12) and it seems to me that the Silverado should be better cuz it has bigger speakers.I never got a chance to really compare them side by side so I don't really remember which one I like. What I'm wondering is Why does the redhead cost a couple hundred more when it's basically the same as the Silverado except for the fact that the Siverado has bigger speakers?
  2. mark

Apr 7, 2000
    The redhead costs more because it has a few swank options that you'd only use when recording or gigging and that you could definitely do without. I have never heard a Silverado but I'm pretty sure it'd be louder than a Redhead due to the fact that it's going to push more air. If your playing with a guitarist that uses someting like a Marshall half stack the redhead will definitely get lost in the mix if you don't have it absolutely cranked. I had to get and extension speaker for mine to solve this problem.
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I like the Redhead. The Silverado is to the Redhead as an amphibian is to a mammal. You know what I mean ... a frog or a salamander doesn't have REAL meat like a cow or a pig.