Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GreyBeard, Oct 15, 2002.

1. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    A timely post, my friend. I played through my Triad (by itself) on a club gig last Saturday night. Amp was the SWR Bass 750. The thing sounded very good. Bass was a 'Ray 5 with piezo bridge.

In the right room (this one was carpeted with low ceiling and no glass or hard surfaces), the Triad has bottom and punch in equal doses. It's rather ineffecient so the 750 watts I was hitting it with seemed about right. The thing that's really nice about the Triad, however, is that it has good clarity while retaining a strong low-end. EQ'ing is a little tricky and I had the cab sitting flat on the floor.

In summary, it's a good cab if you value clarity and don't want that tiresome low-mid hump that so many cabs have (Eden, Ampeg, etc.). But the combination of a 15 and 10 can be a bit disconcerting as it's not a sound we're generally used to hearing. With careful eq and the right amp, you may love it. With the wrong amp and setup, you'll probably hate it. And remember: it's VERY inefficient. It won't be loud with an amp rated anywhere near what they rate the cab at (i.e. 400 watts).