Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR Triad??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Angelo, Mar 20, 2002.

1. Angelo

Angelo

Jan 12, 2002
    Does anyone use this cab as a standalone?
    Hows it sound?
    What head are you using?

2. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i HAVE used it as a standalone.

when i use it by itself i normally bridge my DCM1000 mono into it (1000 W). if i run it as one channel it's way too quiet, so that i might as well bring my goliath jr, but for gigs where i need to be loud and hit lots of low stuff, and i don't want to bring 2 cabs...you do what you gotta do.

i don't like it by itself though, the crossover makes it sound kinda wierd - i can't really describe it. but throw a goliath jr on top of it and you're SMOKIN.

jason

3. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    It seems to be more amp-dependent than a lot of cabs. I like it with a Bass 750 alone. Otherwise, I agree with W5S, you need to drive it with another cab. I've had it sound terrible with Eden amps. Go figure. Hit it with a lotta watts and it'll sound better, IMO.

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    The Triad has really low SPL (96 dB or sth.).
    To use it as a standalone you have to hit it with a lot of watts to hear yourself, but you can overpower it pretty easily.

I'd recommend using it in conjunction with a 2x10 or 4x10.
    Sound really good though.
    But I still wish I had bought something else instead.

5. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    Warwick5s, i am have a similar rig, (no i am not copying:p ) it just so happened i got a jr. for $275 and on its way is a carvin r1000. I've been looking for a good 4 ohm cab with a 15 in it, and i saw the triad. What kinda sound do you usually get with the
    jr on top of the triad?

6. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i run it with the tweeters both on half way and get a very clean, full, punchy, warm sound. great growl, big bottom....

but lots of that has to do with my IOD (which is STILL broken BTW...time to make another post)