Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR vs. Eden help?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DinoSco, Sep 16, 2002.

1. DinoSco

DinoSco

Mar 8, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    Folks,

I currently have an Eden Metro combo amp that I really like, but I'm looking to break into components for a couple reasons: 1) the Metro weighs a ton, and 2) I can get better value on equipment rather than cash on a consignment sale.

I already have an Eden 210XLT cab, and am looking to get a 115 to join it, but I would then need a head. I'm specifically interested in:

Eden WT-800 World Traveler
    Eden WT-600 Roadrunner
    SWR 750x

I play mostly small rooms, but occasionally we do an outdoors gig that requires a little more power. Meanwhile, seeing as I have the resources, I prefer to have as much headroom as possible so I'm not maxing anything out -- and also in case of moving up to bigger rooms.

Anyone have any thoughts on these amps, or can compare the Eden and SWR directly?

(Also, anyone looking for a pretty good deal on the Metro should get in touch, as I may be selling it soon if the consignment sale works out.)

Thanks,
    Dino

2. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    i'd say go for a wt800 bridged into an 8 ohm 410. im running a wt800 into an epifani 410 and its got tons of headroom and great tone.

are you looking to stick with the eden tone? swr heads sound pretty different. the swr fans will tell you they have more clarity and a flatter sound and that the eden is mushy or blurry. the eden fans will tell you they have a fat low end while maintaining clarity and that swr is scooped and harsh in the high end. ive never seen objectivity in the vs. debates so you might want to keep that in mind.