SWR vs Hartke

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RockHarder, Apr 7, 2005.

1. RockHarder

Aug 29, 2004
    Hey all,
    I own an SWR workingmans 15. I like it but i wish it had more low end punch so i'm looking to buy a cab for it. I am considering an SWR 2X10T or a Hartke 2X10 XL. I can get both for the same price - 250 - and am stuck on which one is the better buy. Any suggestions? Thanks
  2. BaSs_FrEak

Aug 4, 2004
    SWR hartkes dont have as much bassy sound. i dont like hartkes anyways but what SWR do you have in mind?
  3. BaSs_FrEak

Aug 4, 2004
    nvm i saw what you had sry....but the 2X10 wont help with the low end smaller speakers means higher sound it will just make you able to put out the full wattage of your head
  4. If you want punch get a 2x10. Smaller speakers don't mean a higher sound. Speaker and enclosure design have more to do with how deep the cabinet will sound. You don't see any 15's in an Acme low B and they're supposed to have tons of bottom. I personally prefer SWR to Hartke, but try them out and see which one sounds better to you.
  5. SWR's pro-15 cab is stellar. Clean focused punchy low. I think its called the Son of Bertha or SOB. Definately worth looking into.