1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SWR vs. MESA (CABINETS!)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bellis1, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Loving the way my Geddy Lee sounds through my SWR head. Just the right amount of mids, etc. However, I need a new cabinet. Already have a SWR 6x10 but I need something for my lows. I'm thinking either the SWR 2x15 and SWR 6x10 together, one 4x10 and 1x15 together.

For my bass tone, I really like a clean, fat, tone. I like for the highs to be bassy, as well as everything else. However, alot of mid at the same time to cut through the mix. Almost like a reggae tone. But a tad more highs. What would be best for me?

MESA cabinets OR SWR cabinets? Whats the difference, really? (besides weight and price) Your opinion?

2. mike nyce

mike nyce

Oct 1, 2008
    Unionvale, NY
    You can't go wrong with Mesa cabinets. Personally, I like the older diesel series for a thunderous, shake the earth with clarity sound, but they are very heavy. I've also played through SWR gear and they're fine but not as ballsy.

3. RockFistMusic

RockFistMusic

Apr 25, 2008
    JAX FL
    Well they all use commercial grade drivers from "others" I have had both cabe incl Powerhouse 1000 and Powerhouse 1200

PM'd

4. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    I dont think i have ever used a Mesa Cab But have been a Very Long time user of swr Cabs!!!...I have owned a SWR Goliath Senior 610... Not a lot of bottom end...Very Loud cab and punchy... but not supper low.. I did not get the nice Clean Low end tell went for 2 SWR Goliath 410's and stacked them...And WOW is all i can Say Brother Do i have Bottom end with no end now...... Like i have said on here many times They will Knock The Drummer off his seat!!! Very Loud very Deep...= Happy Bass Player :D :D :D I vote For 2 SWR 410's!!! Cheers Mate Best Of Luck!!