Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mike, Sep 23, 2000.

1. Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    How ya livin'?

I'm interested in any feedback on this amps ability to be heard in small gigs and rehearsal. I won't be competing against Marshall stacks,however, getting lost in the mix isn't all that cool either. I'm trying to drop the "bigger is better" notion and find a quality rig that is portable,capable of producing great tone, and loud enough to handle my gigging situations. Would you experienced users recommend an extension speaker? Makes sense to me for "stereo" effect. Or,should I scrap this and go with the WM 15 for it's greater power?

Thank you.
  2. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    You can do a search to see other threads about this amp...I had one but sold it recently. It's a fabulous amp for around-the-house playing or use in a group that doesn't have a drumset or loud guitars. Without an extension speaker, it was just barely loud enough to be heard in a jazz combo with a drummer, electric guitar, and two saxes. I used it in a loud rock band with a 15" extension cab and it was louder but not very full sounding, and the limiter was almost always on. I've heard people gigging with the WM15-it seems to have quite a bit more juice, but I tried one when I got the 12 and I thought the 12 sounded a lot better.
  3. But....bigger IS always better! Damn your back, man! Full power!!