1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SWR WM 4x10 or GK Neo 4x10?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by zmebass76, Sep 11, 2019.

1. zmebass76

zmebass76 Makin' bass faces since '92... Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Port Neches, Tx
    I have an opportunity to grab either a SWR Workingman's 4x10 used-but-in-good-condition cab for $100 or a GK Neo 4x10, same condition as SWR, from a pawn shop for $350. Obviously the Neo is a better cab, but I would just be using this cab as an extension for my Fender Rumble 500 combo at small to medium sized gigs. Should I save some money and scoop up the SWR or splurge a little for the GK?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  2. Paulabass

Paulabass

Sep 18, 2017
    You need louder than the Rumble for small gigs? Bars or festivals?
    Pay the extra dough and save your back.

3. zmebass76

Feb 17, 2013
    Port Neches, Tx
    Not sure what you are asking or insinuating? This wasn't about needing more power, this is about two cheap cabs that I have a chance to buy. Taking price of each ($100 for SWR and $350 for Neo) in to consideration, I'm asking for a recommendation. I don't need either one of them (I have a Mesa 2x10 that I currently use with the Rumble), I was just curious which cab others would get if they were in my shoes. And as far as saving my back, fortunately, I'm in good health and in good enough shape, physically, where saving my back isn't really an issue.

4. Paulabass

Paulabass

Sep 18, 2017
    Asking, and for a reason. I was wondering what your idea of small gig was. No offence meant. In my neighborhood, a small gig calls for a 2x10 or smaller (I often bring a 1x12), whereas a small festival of a 1000 or so would call for a bigger rig.
    Suggesting a lighter cabinet was not a comment on your fitness or health level, I was just commenting that the trend is toward lighter cabinets.
    Thus- My recomendation is the GK. I have a few of them.

eriky4003 likes this.
  5. zmebass76

Feb 17, 2013
    Port Neches, Tx
    No offense was taken at all, I just didn't understand what you were asking. So $350 is a good deal for that Neo cab?

mexicant likes this.
  6. I'd offer $300.00 ,I have been trying to sell a gk neo 4x10 for a while at 350.00 with no takers.

zmebass76 likes this.
  7. Jaco who?

Jaco who?

May 20, 2008
    I'd try both with your combo if you can. I'm not sure, since you can't predict how different cabs will react with the 210 you have. A rumble 210 cab is only 50 bucks more than the GK, and it would match - and be much easier to schlep. If you can't try before you buy, I'd get the SWR since either one combined with what you have might sound like total crap. Or not. But then you'd only be out $100.

zmebass76 likes this.
  8. BasturdBlaster

BasturdBlaster

Feb 19, 2012
    Crandon WI
    To answer your question, if you want to roll the dice on a second cab, 100 bux for an swr wm 410, that works as intended, would be a bargain. I've held on to one for years as I know how well it can deliver. 100 lbs. isn't cool at all but it will deliver. I don't recommend it for gigs only due to the portability:woot:
    20190911_232332.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    zmebass76 likes this.
  9. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    I'd really consider the workin' man for its reliability night after night, oh yeah...
    but in a public rehearsal's, open to each an'everyone and not meant to move... anywhere;)

I'm no GK lover at all, yet the neo series is a much better extension for you to keep (and carry)

Cheers,
    Wallace

zmebass76 likes this.