Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR WM -vs- Pro What A Difference!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jwoertz, Sep 8, 2000.

1. jwoertz

jwoertz

Mar 28, 2000
    Pennsylvania
    Hello-

I just switched from an SWR Workingman's rig to an SWR Pro rig and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! I now have a Bass 350 head with two Goliath Junior III cabs. Each 8 ohm cab has 2 tens and a horn and can handle 350 watts. Together I guess they can handle 700 watts at 4 ohms.

The sound is so warm and full, it's incredible! Also, the cabs are built out of plywood instead of particle board. They are lighter and sound better. The fan on the Bass 350 is LOUD though.

Anyone else out there have the same or similar setup?

Jeff

2. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    hey jwoertz, if i had the funds i'd go from my BXR 15 to a Big Bertha or SOB with goliath 3 junior cabs & some sort of head to power it BUT not enough funds & besides my parents think a 15watt amp is loud...time to show them :D

3. Craig H

Craig H

Mar 23, 2000
    Kansas City
    I run my Bass 350 head through a 4 ohm Peavey 210-TXF sitting on top of a 4 ohm Peavey 115-BXBW...giving me a 2 ohm load and a LOT of sound. Sometimes I just use the 210. Either way I get lots of thump.

And you're right...a world of difference between WM and Pro Series.

Craig

4. Bobb Nagel

Bobb Nagel

Aug 30, 2000
    Chicago area
    I have been using the Bass 350 with a pair of Goliath III's. I agree with your comment regarding the fan.
    Also, the tube in mine tends to go "microphonic" after
    about 6 months or so, requiring replacement. May be
    due to vibration as my rack sits atop the cabinets.

Love the sound though. I'm a 5'er and actually traded
    my Son of Bertha for a second Goliath III. I preferred
    the tighter, punchier sound that the 10's give me, yes,
    even with the low B. Great cabinets, can't say enough!