SWR WM12 vs SWR WM10+1x10T

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jasonbraatz, Mar 12, 2002.

1. SWR WM12

4 vote(s)
  2. SWR WM10 + 1x10T

3 vote(s)
  3. Other

1 vote(s)
  1. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    which would be louder, and handle the low B better?

i could pick up either for about the same amount. (under $300)

or what other combos (used/new) under $400 should i look at? i need something comparably loud to a hartke kickback 15, but with more of an SWR tone.

(and if you think you're seeing deja vu - you are. i deleted the other thread because i wanted to post this poll and i didn't want 2 threads on the same subject)
  2. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    My WM-12 handles a low-B just fine within reasonable volume. I don't think you'll see enough volume increase with the WM10 + extension cab to make the extra cartage worthwhile. You won't get anything more than really small gig/rehearsal level volume out of either.
  3. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Can you spend more money? It seems like the WM12 should handle the bass better, and it has more wattage to drive it's ext cab. Maybe a 12 + 12?

If you only will have the $300. I have seen Carvin PB100-15s go for that. You might even get the PB200-15.

Good luck!

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I had to make the same decision as you about these two. I may go for the WM10 and extension for the versatility. I like the sound of 10's. They are "quicker", and punchy. I could use the WM10 by itself for really small "coffee house" gigs, and use it with the extension for club gigs. It depends on the sound you want. The WM12 will be fuller and rounder, but still retain punch. It will handle a B much better than the WM10(which could be a consideration for me...) I would also recommend the WM12 over the Carvin. I think it has a much more hi-fi sound, and it is quite light too. The WM series are very nice amps....with a nice price!:)