Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR WM2x10: any opinions yet?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by plankspanker13, Jan 6, 2003.

1. So the folks at SWR have tried a more affordable alternative to the Super Redhead. Let's get some feedback. Has anyone tried one out at a music store yet? Anyone going to NAMM (and can they report here)? Hey BP mag, howsabout one of your thorough reviews? Talk to meeeeeeee!

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I'm willing to bet that there is no noticeable difference in sound between the 2x10C and the WM4004 with a 2x10 cab.
    Of course, I could be wrong, which really wouldn't surprise me, but that's my guess.

3. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I agree. I have both the 2x10T and 1x15T powered by the 4004 head. While the sound of the 2x10T with the 4004 head is good, it doesn't handle my low B very well, so when I have to half my stack I take the 1x15T. Still, I think it would be a cool unit if you're into combos.

4. Seems to me like it'd be great for 4-string if you have enough PA power.