1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SWR WM2x10: any opinions yet?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by plankspanker13, Jan 6, 2003.

1. So the folks at SWR have tried a more affordable alternative to the Super Redhead. Let's get some feedback. Has anyone tried one out at a music store yet? Anyone going to NAMM (and can they report here)? Hey BP mag, howsabout one of your thorough reviews? Talk to meeeeeeee!

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I'm willing to bet that there is no noticeable difference in sound between the 2x10C and the WM4004 with a 2x10 cab.
    Of course, I could be wrong, which really wouldn't surprise me, but that's my guess.

3. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I agree. I have both the 2x10T and 1x15T powered by the 4004 head. While the sound of the 2x10T with the 4004 head is good, it doesn't handle my low B very well, so when I have to half my stack I take the 1x15T. Still, I think it would be a cool unit if you're into combos.

4. Seems to me like it'd be great for 4-string if you have enough PA power.