SWR WM8004 Q??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DWBass, Feb 16, 2004.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Anyone own one of these? I'm considering upgrading my amp to something that would make my Avatars happy as I'm only pushing 300w between a 1x15 and a 2x10 right now! That 750w @ 4ohms looks mighty nice! And the price is nice too.
  2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

3. Id go with a no for that bro, for the price that you would pay new (im guessing around 800$) you could easily get anotehr SWR amp 350x,500s,750x,maybe even a sm 900...all used of course but why pay so much for a new amp that in the future you will wish to upgrade. If you are going to spend up around that much of an amp get a decent amp even it its used and if not...stay away from the WM series for higher up wattages been alot of dislikes that ives heard. Ever checkout any other amp companies???

4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Nah, I doubt that I would upgrade from 750w! Once I get something in that range, I'd be fine. The only deal with buying used is there is no warranty or replacement plan! These 2 issues are very important to me. Secondly, I don't trust used gear as I don't think anyone takes care of their equipment the same way that I do! I have equipment of all types some 30 years old and still working and looking good!

I need something with a min. of 600w to 800w @ 4ohms....new! If anyone has any suggestions, please post. I want to spend $800 tops.