SWR WM's210,115 8 Ohms vs. Avatar 210,115 4 ohms

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jim Ingraham, Dec 22, 2002.

1. Jim Ingraham

Jim Ingraham

Nov 14, 2002
    Ill be running these through a WT 800 bi-amped. Which would sound better? Theyre about equal in price, the SWR's are on Ebay so no choice of ohms. I play both electric and upright and usually not too loud.
  2. afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    I've played the swr workingman's and wasn't pleased at all. I haven't tried the Avatars but I've heard only great things about them. That's why I'm gonna buy a couple of their cabs in the upcoming month.

Also consider that you'll save a lot if you buy Avatar cabs and you can even choose if you wan't them in 8 or 4 ohms.

This is the best advice I can give you, try out every cab that you can and buy the one that makes you happy and sounds good to YOU, not to others.
  3. Jim Ingraham

Jim Ingraham

Nov 14, 2002
    what i ended up doin is this..i figured if im gonna spend 5-6 hundred on speakers why not get one good one that'll maybe do the work of two. So i got a new D210-XLT and all i can say is ...WOW!!.. it totally Rocks.. its a little heavier than i wanted but its lighter than 2 cabs and for the size places im playing its way more than enough.. sounds fantastic with my upright also.:D One kinda wierd thing about my new amp though ... the fan is on all the time and it sounds like my vacuum cleaner..is this normal???? i thought it was sposed to be on a thermostat or somehting..
  4. Audiosolace

Audiosolace Guest

Oct 8, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    If you like SWR's Workingman sound, then you will be absolutely blown away with Avatar's line - though personally, I find the Workingman series is a bit lacking in the tone department... but that's me!

If its any indication, I will be selling off my Goliath III in favor of my Avatar. Good cabs at any price, if you ask me!