Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR working man 10

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Bijoux, Mar 28, 2002.

1. Bijoux

Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    Denver-CO-USA
    I just thought of something, I have a SWR working man 10 I paid $299 for it, in search for the perfect amp and inspired by Acoustic Image I added a 10 woofer downfiring to the amp, also installed wheels on it so then is about 1 inch from the ground, well I have the acoustic Image, also have Gallien Krueger MB200, Eden traveler with various Bag End speakers, SWR baby blue, ampeg SVTIII, and as far as upright sound goes my small workingman 10 is the baest, it combines a vertical woofer and a downfiring one plus a horn, real nice uncolored and natural sound, just thought I let you know, 'cause you may wanna try.

2. I ordered a WM 10 this week, also paid $299. From what I've heard it's the best small amp for the price (compared to EA, AI and others). I'm not sure I'm following you on your post. Did you build the downfiring woofer as a seperate cab? Or did you purchase the AI extension speaker? Where you satisfied with the WM 10 before you added the other speaker? Also, Do you play BG too or just upright?

3. Bijoux

Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    Denver-CO-USA
    I added the 10' woofer on the bottom of the combo, so I just had to make a hole put the speaker and small wheels to get it off the floor, I like it a lot more than before and it handles my electric bass very well down to low B.

4. Joe Smithberger

Joe Smithberger Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Canton, Ohio, USA
    Do you mean you modified the WM cabinet to add a second 10? Can you post a photo?

5. Bijoux

Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    Denver-CO-USA
    yes I did modify the cab, and I don't have a digital camera, I'll post a pic as soon as I get one or if I get someone to do it.