Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR Workingman 12 power light out

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bhuckabee, Sep 24, 2003.

1. bhuckabee

bhuckabee

Sep 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    I have a SWR Workingman 12 and the red power light just over the switch went out at the end of a show the other day. Is this a concern? It still seems to sound OK

2. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    don't worry about it if it works. how old is it? how do you like the sound?

3. bhuckabee

bhuckabee

Sep 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    It's probably like 9-10 years old and I think it sounds fat for such a small amp. The band I play with is not real loud so it's totally adequate for my application. Check us out at www.twitteringmachine.net

Also, just got a MusicMan Stingray 5-string today :)

4. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Power light went out on my brand-new SM-900 -- I don't think it's any big deal. At least I hope it's not!

:)

5. bhuckabee

bhuckabee

Sep 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Oh yeah, bummer. Let me know if you find out anything.

B

6. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    If I find out that the problem is more than just a simple bum LED, it will probably be because the amp goes out on me in the middle of a gig! In that case, you'll probably see a whiny post from me with a big frown icon! The amp's under warranty, but what with the "Fenderization" of the SWR factory service network and all, it's hardly worth pursuing as long as the rest of the amp is working fine...

:)