Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR Workingman's 10 Exp Cab choice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by McHack, Sep 3, 2003.

1. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    What expansion cab should I use for a WM10?

I was planning on getting an Avatar 210, for my jam session rig. Would an 8ohm Avatar 210 work well, with a WM10? Just kinda makes sense to go ahead & get it for use w/ the WM10, if I'm gonna get one anyway.

2. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I had a wm-10 with the wm-10t extention cab. that was pretty good to get JUST above the moderate drummer we had. if you really rock out you might want a 210. I'd stick with 8ohms so you don't run the wm-10 too hot, by dropping ohms too low.

3. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Well, next year sometime, I'm planning on getting an SVT3Pro, & a set of Avatar cabs to go with.
    I'm thinking the 210 & a 212. I'm just positioning myself. If I get the 210 8Ohm NOW, I can be ready for that upgrade & use it with the WM10 AND the SVT.

I'm a software engineer, & I've gotta have a plan worked out in my head. But, it sounds like I'm on the right track.

4. tornadobass

tornadobass Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Endorsing Artist: Black Diamond & SuperSensitive strings
    I have a WM12, and if it was my only amp, I'd consider an extension cab for it. More realistically, it'd make more sense to pick up an amp head if more volume is needed with the smaller WM amps. The bulk of carrying a head like GK 400RB (used for about $200) plus a cab would provide more volume and be easier to manage.

I just don't think you'd gain enough with adding an extension cab to the WM10 to make it worthwhile.

5. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    No no,,, you're missing the point. I don't want a small combo,,, just so I can add the extension to it. The small combo is my practice amp. If I can add a little punch to that practice amp,,with items from a main rig,,, that's even better! I was just trying to find out if it's feasible.

Again, not using the WM10 as a main amp. But, it will likely get a large amount of use.