Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR Workingmans 15 combo

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by KB, Mar 31, 2001.

1. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Older model SWR Workingmans 15 combo amp for sale. Very good condition. Even has casters on it for easy transport. Would like to get $325 plus shipping for it. I live in NC so shipping will vary depending on your location. Email or post here if interested.

-KB

[​IMG]

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yep. That's a WM-15.

3. How many watts does that amp put out? I want something around 100-150watts and I live in the SC area.

4. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    It puts out 120W by itself and 160W if you add an 8ohm extension cabinet. Let me know (via email or posting) if you are interested. Where in SC are you located?

-KB

5. I think I'd rather go and check some places and try some different amps out before I decide on which brand to get because this is quite a bit of money to spend. I do like the SWR and Eden sound so maybe I'll go check on one dealer I know that sells SWR amps. I live in the Charleston area. Maybe I'll wait a few weeks though because I really want an Ampeg after I tested one out last year but they are very expensive.

6. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    This amp is still available. I am open to REASONABLE offers if anyone is interested. Please post here or send me email.

Thanks

-KB

7. hey KB, you sure its 120 watts and 160 with the 8 ohm cab? that sounds like the specs of the WM-12. cause i thought it was 160 watts and 200 with the cab

if you havent sold it in about two months or so, i might be interested.

8. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Yes. Those specs are correct.
    SWR increased the power with their newer models, but this is the older version.

-KB

9. oh ok.

well right now im in a real tight bind on money but like i said if you havent sold it in about two months or so give me an email and i might be able to buy it.

10. has it been sold yet? im interested if it hasnt been!

11. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    not sold yet. send me email if interested with any question, etc you might have. Also please tell me where you live as that would determine possible shipping costs.

-KB