SWR Workingman's 15 Excellent Condition $399

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Personatech, Jan 27, 2004.

1. 1998 Steve Rabe-era 120W version (160W into 4 ohms) in excellent condition. I am the only owner, having bought it new in 1998. I've added a set of Ernie Ball pop-out casters and it comes with the original Operator's Manual.

This amp has more than enough oooomph for a 350-seat community theater with the volume set at 5 (it's never been cranked beyond that) and has some great practice features:

Discrete solid state front end
    Independent inputs for both active and passive instruments
    Gain Control
    Preamp clip LED
    Aural Enhancer Control
    Bass Control
    Semi-parametric Midrange Control
    Treble Control
    Transparency Control
    Effects Blend Control
    Automatic compressor/limiter
    Limiter active LED
    Side Chain Effects Loop
    Headphone Jack
    Tuner Output
    Extension Speaker Jack
    Balanced XLR record out
    3-Way Output Switch (Full Range / Tweeter off / Headphones)
    Front Slot Port
    Top Strap Handle
    Vibration-Free Grill

(1) Custom designed 15" SWR driver
    (1) Le-Son TLX-1 Piezo tweeter

8 Ohms (internal)

20.75"W x 27.625"H x 16.25"D

55 lbs.

Price is $399 plus shipping and I'd prefer a straight sale but I'll consider trade offers for combos with good tone and a smaller size (WM12, Ashdown EB 12-130/150/180, Ampeg B50R, etc.).

As you can see in the pic, the amp is very clean. Additional photos are available and I can take closeup shots of any feature you'd like to see.

I've done some business with Talkbassers in the past and I've got an eBay rating of 47@100%, so you can see I'm a straight-shooter when it comes to 'Net deals. Thanks!
  2. Still available. It's a wonderful amp but I really need something smaller so I'll consider trades +/- cash: Roland DB500 or Bass Cube 30, Ashdown After Eight, Perfect Ten, Five Fifteen, or an Electric Blue, VOX T60, etc...

3. MCA

Mar 23, 2004
    Murrells Inet, SC
    Bump from a guy with this identical amp. Kills anything in this price range. The Trace and Hartke products available at this price point at the time didn't stand a chance.

4. Thanks for the thumbs-up, MCA! I shopped around for a while comparing those same Hartkes and TEs you mentioned when I bought this one and couldn't agree more!