Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR Workingman's 15 Excellent Condition $399

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Personatech, Jan 27, 2004.

1. 1998 Steve Rabe-era 120W version (160W into 4 ohms) in excellent condition. I am the only owner, having bought it new in 1998. I've added a set of Ernie Ball pop-out casters and it comes with the original Operator's Manual.

This amp has more than enough oooomph for a 350-seat community theater with the volume set at 5 (it's never been cranked beyond that) and has some great practice features:

FEATURES
    Discrete solid state front end
    Independent inputs for both active and passive instruments
    Gain Control
    Preamp clip LED
    Aural Enhancer Control
    Bass Control
    Semi-parametric Midrange Control
    Treble Control
    Transparency Control
    Effects Blend Control
    Automatic compressor/limiter
    Limiter active LED
    Side Chain Effects Loop
    Headphone Jack
    Tuner Output
    Extension Speaker Jack
    Balanced XLR record out
    3-Way Output Switch (Full Range / Tweeter off / Headphones)
    Front Slot Port
    Top Strap Handle
    Vibration-Free Grill

SPEAKER COMPLEMENT
    (1) Custom designed 15" SWR driver
    (1) Le-Son TLX-1 Piezo tweeter

IMPEDANCE
    8 Ohms (internal)

DIMENSIONS
    20.75"W x 27.625"H x 16.25"D

WEIGHT
    55 lbs.

Price is $399 plus shipping and I'd prefer a straight sale but I'll consider trade offers for combos with good tone and a smaller size (WM12, Ashdown EB 12-130/150/180, Ampeg B50R, etc.).

[​IMG]

As you can see in the pic, the amp is very clean. Additional photos are available and I can take closeup shots of any feature you'd like to see.

I've done some business with Talkbassers in the past and I've got an eBay rating of 47@100%, so you can see I'm a straight-shooter when it comes to 'Net deals. Thanks!

2. Still available. It's a wonderful amp but I really need something smaller so I'll consider trades +/- cash: Roland DB500 or Bass Cube 30, Ashdown After Eight, Perfect Ten, Five Fifteen, or an Electric Blue, VOX T60, etc...

Tom

3. MCA

MCA

Mar 23, 2004
    Murrells Inet, SC
    Bump from a guy with this identical amp. Kills anything in this price range. The Trace and Hartke products available at this price point at the time didn't stand a chance.

MCA

4. Thanks for the thumbs-up, MCA! I shopped around for a while comparing those same Hartkes and TEs you mentioned when I bought this one and couldn't agree more!

Tom

5. SOLD on eBay $430 BIN!!!