Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR Workingman's 15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cep, Aug 5, 2002.

1. cep

cep

Jun 12, 2001
    Crockett, ca
    I'm going to be playing local clubs so 200 watts will probably be more than enough. I'm really leaning toward a SWR Workingman's 15, but I talked to guy who does amp repair for and he said he's seen problems with them. Has anyone else seen problems with these amps or are they fairly problem free. I realize, like anything else, you can get a lemon, but I was wondering if anyone has had or heard of problems.
    Thanks

2. I've had one for a few years now and it's great. When I'm bored I'll occasionally take my Goliath off my Eden and use it as a second speaker. With an additional speaker you get the full 200W. I think it is a GREAT amp considering the features/cost/tone/reliability. Two thumbs up!

One complaint....I don't know if they fixed this but with no casters and the placement of the handle it's awkward as hell to carry. Of course you could call SWR parts dept and order casters but this may void your warranty.