Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR workingman's 2004

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jazzbassnerd, Aug 10, 2003.

1. jazzbassnerd

jazzbassnerd

Aug 26, 2002
    Pretty quick question. Is the 200 watts rating on this a joke or have I just played on some other really loud 200 watt heads? Thanks in advance.

2. jazzbassnerd

jazzbassnerd

Aug 26, 2002
    some ho i ended up on page two so i just posted a reply to help get my question answered. thanks again!

3. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Me thinks you need more drugs,, & then you should shake the 8-ball again.

4. jazzbassnerd

jazzbassnerd

Aug 26, 2002
    what is that supposed to meen??

5. soularis

soularis

Jul 3, 2003
    Illinois, USA
    What I found out the hard way was that, yeah, it's kinda low in volume. Regarding this I have a question for anybody who experienced the same problem?

I'm running 2004 through an 8 Ohm cab capable of handling 300W, feeding it according to the instructions, 160 Watts.

Would adding another cab (2x10") would cause a significant if any at all difference in volume? I know it'll bring the amp's load to 4 Ohms thus causing it to operate at 200W, but is there much difference?

I like the sound that this amp gives though, I think it's perfect for small club settings, but would probably be too small for larger venues.

Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.