SWR Workingmans 2x10 cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RealBK, Dec 26, 2002.

1. RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
    Hi, Is this cab any good? The build quality looks very good for the price! Is 200W enough power for small/ Medium sized pub gigs? I could always get another of these cabs later in the year to give me more power. What amp Head would go nice with this cab? I was thinking of a Hartke 2000/ 200w Head?
  2. flamer

Oct 18, 2002
    swindon, england
    hey there,

here's my first attempt at putting something back into the forum!

firstly it depends what type of music you play, I play noisy rock stuff, so there's no way 200w into a 210 would make any impact whatsoever in my band. And i think that 210 is 8ohms so you'd only be running half that amount anyways.

I've had rough luck with hartke, i bought a 4000 earlier in the year and it clipped mercilessly so i just traded it up for an ashdown.

You're best bet would prolly be to save up and get a higher watt head, and try to run it into a 4 ohm cab (or 2x 8ohm cabs). I imagine everyone will agree it's best to save up for better equipment, as the amount you'll spend permanantly upgrading will become ridiculous.

just watch as everyone disagrees with me!

hope this helps a bit,
  3. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    IMO, 200 watts is loud enough. Iplay on a 350 watt ampeg head and I'm way too loud half the time(my guitarists use 100watt tube heads). I'm not a big fan of SWR, but htis cabinet looks pretty good. I played on it once, sounds decent.
  4. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I've got one. In the store, it had more bass than the other 2x10s I tried. I gigged w/ it alone once at a medium sized club, w/ PA support. It was ok, but not great. You probably want something bigger or another cab to go with it.
  5. Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    Get an 8 ohm 4-10 and at least a 350 to 400 watt amp.
  6. dumeril7

Oct 21, 2002
    Austin, TX
    "Loud enough" is so relative that its near impossible to answer the question. I have a WM 2x10 cab and its fine for rehearsals and smaller gigs with my 5-piece band, but we play at reasonable volumes. I've been in bands where any 2x10 would have problems keeping up even with high-powered amps.

Typically I use a single 2x10 for rehearsals (driven by a GK 800RB @ 200 watts) and then go biamped with 1x15 and 2x10 for 300 watts total for gigs. It has volume to spare, but like I said, my band plays at reasonable volumes....