SWR Workingman's 4004 and 410T package

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by metalbass101, Jun 29, 2004.

1. metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    I'm thinking of getting this as my first cab and head.Does anyone and any thoughts on these two or the Workingman's series?I know the Workingman's series have got to Mexico since their thing with Fender.Any opinons or facts or details or ANYTHING will be fine.
  2. What type of music do you play? What is your budget? Are you buying new or used?

IMO the Workingman's series of amps and cabs are subpar value for the money that must be spent on them. In almost every case, I can recommend a better amp and cab combination for the money than SWR Workingman's series.
  3. metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    I play metal (Arch Enemy,Dimmu Borgir,In flames, that type of thing.I have almost no budget,I have been saving up for years.I'm buying new. I dont think their THAT bad,especially for a first cab and head, PLUS,they're eventully gonna get replaced with the like's of advanced Mesa boogie,GK,and ampeg.
  4. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I gigged for 3 years with a WM4004. I would have to say it is the most reliable amp I have ever owned. I now have a SWR Bass750 and to be honest, I could use the 4004 in place of it and not feel like it is lacking.
  5. Well, if you go used, you can probably get a head of any of the respective companies that you listed and then use an Avatar cab and come out a little further ahead.