swr workingmans 4004 head and 4x10t cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jrthebassguy, Jul 24, 2000.

1. i know i know, im pretty sure this has been asked before. but does anyone own or have played these? i have heard many great things about swr, enough to buy without playing it. is it only good for certain playing styles? if so which? i need to know if i seriously need to think about this as a possible purchase.

the cool part is if i do buy these two through musians friend i can pay a total of $36 a month. not bad at all.

The official John Turner wannabe
  2. B.Hendrix

Mar 24, 2000
    Atlanta, GA
    The WM 4004 head and 4X10 is a nice setup. I don't own one, but have demo'd this exact setup a couple times and really liked it. I used my Fender Jazz each time and everything from metal to slap can be done on this rig.
    It will be loud enough for any medium club gig with headroom to spare. Add a 1X15 down the road (or now) and you have a great setup. Make sure the cabs are 8 ohms and you will pump 200 watts to each one!

Go for it! [​IMG]

3. i was thinking about getting the same thing... but then i thought, would a 1x15 and a 2x10 be better? or should i get a 4x10 at 4 ohms so i can get the full 400 watts out of the 4x10? i'm puzzled [​IMG]

we hope you are ok.
  4. I know this is an old thread, but I stumbled upon it on a search. Anyhow, the 4x10 and 1x15 sounds great w/ the 4004. I've owned this rig for 2 years, and the rig has done me well, although, I have had a couple instances where I was really pushing the amp, and it cut out on me(once live on stage!). There is no fan, but a heatsink on the back of the amp. Maybe I just pushed it too hard.

Anyhow, over all, it's a great setup, and I've been very happy w/ it.

Now I'm looking to upgrade to some Mesa gear. Any sellers? I want a 400+!!!