SWR Workingmans 4004 - Price Drop

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by tonedeaf, Sep 2, 2005.

1. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Supporting Member

I have a SWR Workingmans 4004 for sale.

- 240 watts into 8 ohms, 400 watts into 4 ohms.
    - 5-band graphic EQ
    - Aural Enhancer control
    - Headphone out
    - Mute ("speaker off") switch
    - Balanced direct out
    - Effect loop
    - Comes in SWR rack case with an extra rackspace for tuner, effects, etc.

This is the "red logo" model. It has been gently used in a smoke-free atmosphere, and is in excellent condition. It's a great amp, but I had a chance to pick up an Eden WT800 at a great price and couldn't pass it up.

I don't have any pics right now, but I can certainly get them for any interested parties.

PRICE DROP - Asking $275 shipped to the continental U.S.

I accept Paypal.

Thanks for looking!
  2. tonedeaf

Here are some pics. Sorry about the quality, my camcorder is good at video but not great at pictures. If you want closeups of anything, let me know.

The only think keeping this amp from being dead mint is a tiny bit of carpet scuffing, scratches on the plastic corner (which is what those are for, of course), and it's missing the rackspace cover.

I have one interested party trying to generate the cash, but nothing firm yet.

3. whoapower

Jul 14, 2005
    Austin, TX
    I hate to ask dumb questions, but the difference on the red model would be?

and I'm in the market for a 200+ amp and this would fit the bill, but not sure if it fits my style.
  4. tonedeaf

Not to give dumb answers, but I'm not sure what the difference. I think when they first started making these they looked like the pics I posted before, then at some point they switched to a silver/black logo. As far as I know, the amps are the same except for the color scheme and maybe the shape of the knobs. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this for us.

As far as whether or not it would fit your style, I can't comment since I don't know what that is, but my experience is that it tends to reflect the sound of the bass and cabinet you're using it with. In other words, it doesn't add a specific "color" like some amps do, but the EQ controls and limiter are useful for shaping the sound, and I definitely have not had any trouble making myself heard in a band with two guitarists and an emphatic drummer, even with just one cabinet at 240 watts.
  5. tonedeaf

Bump for price drop :bassist:
  6. check pm, i'm damn intrested.
  7. tonedeaf