Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR workingmans 4004 stack

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DaShiznit, Oct 26, 2002.

1. any one played through one of these babies lately i did awhile back but comepletely forgot about its sound. im pressed between getting that and not needing its full power for another year or so and getting a small combo or something tell me what you think

2. buying it now will be cheaper than buying something underpowered and then having to buy another amp a year later.

3. I agree with dhc. I have the 4004, with a 2x10 and a 15. I use the 2x10 alone for practice and very small gigs, but it's just not enough like that in a full band setting. Buy it now and be done with it, you'll save in the long run.

4. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I agree, get it all now and be done with it. I'm slowly trading up, and I wish I'd just waited until I could get the stack in one shot! I have the 2x10T now, and looking to do a trade in on a BM400 amp from Yorkville Sound against a 4004 head (new) and a 1x15T cab (new or used in good condition). Having the 2x10 as part of my rig now is just making me kick myself...such an improvement! Go get that rig man!

5. hey thanks for all that i think iwill get it all now or at least fairly soon and then in a couple years "upgrade" it somewhat, like trading in the 2x10 for the 4x10 if the 2 isnt large enough, thanks again