Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR Workingmans 4004

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sparkie, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Sparkie

Sparkie

Nov 15, 2004
    I snapped up one of these up at the Evil Empire that was being blown out @ $270. It comes with an empty, single rack space under the amp. My question is: What would you install in that space if you had one?

2. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    A rackmount tuner, a pre amp (tech21 rbi, GK 2001rbp, bbe bmax, SWR intersteller over drive ect)

You could just leave it empty but in case you wanted different tone capabilities you could plop a pre amp in there, probobly what i would do.

How is the 4004?
    A couple local music stores were blowing em out at mighty fine prices but i wasnt to interested. Only 400 watts at 4 ohms.

But what do you think of it so far?

3. Sparkie

Sparkie

Nov 15, 2004
    I've only had the head for a week so all I can say is it's a huge improvement over the tired old Tube Works combo it's replacing. For the type of music I'll likely play out, 400 watts should do just fine. It's no Eden but then the only other new amp out there in this price range and with a warranty was the Behringer which probably would have been fine for me as well.

Thanks for the rack ideas