Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR Workingman's 4004

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by soulflyhigh, Nov 1, 2002.

1. I saw an SWR Workinman's 4004 amp for $400 the other day and I've been considering purchasing it.
    Does anyone here own one of these, or have you had any experience with it? 400 bucks is a lot of money for me..
    I'd like to get some feedback before I make such a big decision. thank you so much for your help!
    btw, I'm also new to this forum.. From what Ive been reading so far, it seems like it will be very resourceful! I'm really glad I found it!

2. superphat

superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    the 4004 is a good amp. i've seen them used for a little less than $400 though. i sold mine for 400 almost a year ago.
    it's not one of those amps that feels super loud, but i thought that the tone and features were very nice.

you should buy my ashdown head for $400 though.
    :D :D :D
    more power and way cooler.

3. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I dunno about that price...I'd go for a little less, but not too bad an amp. I've been pleased with mine for the past few years. It's a good temporary fix. It's been 2 years, and I'm ready for something new...i.e.-more power!:D

4. thanks for your help guys! do you really think 400
    is too much? it's brand new... I thought they ran
    for a lot more than that.

5. superphat

superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    oh, for some reason i thought it was used.
    yeah, if it's brand new, that's a good price.

6. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    yeah, I guess I thought it was used, too. For $400, go for it.

7. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I'm looking for one as well, to use with a 2x10T and 1x15T cabinet. But I'll have to pay Canadian dollars for it...:rolleyes: