SWR Workingmans. HELP!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by afroman, Sep 17, 2002.

1. afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    I'm planning on selling my Peavey 410 TVX cab. It's been very good to me, but I'd like to get a lighter setup consisting of two cabs (so I can take one to practice and take both to gigs).

Since I'm on a tight budget, I'm looking at the Swr workinmans series. The 210 and 115 to be specific or maybe two 210's.

Are they good cabs?
    Will they be an improvement over the Peavey?
    I've played the SWR goliath series but I can't afford them, how do the SWR goliaths compare to the Workingmans?

Any advice and info will be very appreciated...

2. yeah ive got a 2X10 that im looking to sell actually....i need an Eden. anyway they are good cabs and sound good. really light as far as cabs come...i like the sound i dont know how 2 of them would sound...probobly pretty good...what head would you use?
  3. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    IMO, going from the Peavey TVX to the Workingman's cabs would be somewhat of a step down. I own a Peavey TXF cab and an SWR Workingman's cab. The Peavey sounds noticeably better to my ears. However, I bought the Workingman's cab because I wanted an affordable cab that was lighter than a Peavey.

My advice is to tough-out the weight of your Peavey 410 until you can really afford to buy some higher-end, lighter weight cabs.

You may also want to just invest in some casters or a dolly...