Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR Workingmans VS. Eden Nemesis

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by afroman, Oct 5, 2002.

1. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    Which econo-line is best??? Workingmans or Nemesis.
    I'm replacing my heavey peavey 410TVX, my head is a Hartke 3500 (240 at 8ohms/350 at 4ohms)

This are my two options:

-Workingman 210 + Workingman 115 or
    - Nemesis 210 + Nemesis 115

I can get each WM cabs for $370 each here in Puerto Rico, if I were to buy the Nemesis (aprox. $380 per cab) I would have to order online.

I partial to the workingmans since I can get them easily, buy if Nemesis are that much better I might buy them even though I'd have to pay shipping charges.

Any help is appreciated...

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I've always been pleased with my WM cabs. They're built really tough. One of my 2x10s and 2004 fell down a flight of concrete stairs...only the plastic corners were messed up. I've never used the Nemesis, so I can't say the SWR is better, but I've been pleased.

3. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I think quality wise they are both about the same.. I used to own a nemesis 2x10 combo amp.. it was a decent little amp.. I thought it sounded pretty good as well.. I would tell you to go with what you can actually play before you buy if possible.. you are the one dishing out the money for the cabs.. not us.

4. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    That's a really good point, that's why I was leaning toward the WM's. I just wanted to hear some input about the nemesis line.

Thanks for the advice.

5. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    the nemesis line is decent.. my 2x10 combo had some good bottom end for its size and what not. Overall its a good cab...

6. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    I have to say that I'm happy with my Nemesis 2x10 combo. It has stood up well over the 3 years or so that I've had it.

7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    They are completely different amps.

Compare SWR to Eden for an idea of the difference in sound. They dont sound exactly like their more expensive versions, but you get an idea of how their sound compares.

Neither is better or worse, just different.

I personally would go with Nemesis. I hate the tone of SWR gear. Its just not my thing.

Also, Nemesis cabs are built out of a strong lightwieght composite material, so I doubt that weight and duraility are issues. Ive been very pleased with my Nemesis 210 combo for time Ive had it (Nearly a year). They sound great in my opinion.

Peace
    Nick

8. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Ahh...Nick does bring up a good point. If portability is a key factor, the Nemesis may be better for you. It's too bad you can't try them out before you must decide. Try to find out as much as you can about the features, sounds, capabilities, etc of each cab, and go from there.

9. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    Thanks guys, your opinions really helped.

Peace.

10. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    I think you would be wise to buy the gear you can try and know that you like rather than to buy gear that you have to pay to have shipped to you that you *might* like more.

In general, they are both high-quality comparable items.