SWR WorkingPro 10 info

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MichiBass, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    The original Workingman's series was a very good line of practice/small gig amps (I'm still debating grabbing a Workingman 2x10c 2x10" combo at the great discounted price) and the newer WorkingPro heads they've integrated into the new combo have gotten excellent reviews. Odds are they should be just as good, if not an improvement on the older line. You might want to check them out simply for the monatary savings.

This sounds like waffling, but it really depends on the type of band - a small coffehouse-type gig or jazz band? I'm think so. A metal band with guitarists playing through Mesas and a double-kick drummer? Probably not. It's 100 watts, but only 1 10" speaker, and I'm of the opinion that speaker area is as important as wattage. The 12" combo doubles the wattage and gives you more area, and the 2x10" is 240 with the ability to reach 400 @ 4 ohms with an extention cab. Some info to digest.

2. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    my two cents...

IF, IF the new follows the old line's tone, I preferred the wm12 tone the best, then the wm15, then the wm10. I had a wm10 with extention (I didn't want to carry the 12 or 15 at the time, now I know better)

But I am curious how they sound. anyone notice the drop in List prices between the lines?? just wondering how that might effect quality :bag: