Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR WorkingPro 700 - Suggested Settings???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tony G, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    When I purchased this amp about 6 months ago, swr's website was different and they had suggested settings for all of their amps. This is not a feature on their new website, and I would really like to see the suggested settings for my amp again. Does anyone have this amp and happen to print out a copy of those suggested settings?

I've contacted SWR about it, and they deny ever even having such a thing for this series of amps. However, I have the link in my bookmarks to prove it was there at one time.... Any SWR reps here that can help me out?

The link in my bookmarks is: http://www.swrsound.com/products/wpseries/wp_700_suggested_settings.gif

Obviously it doesn't work, or I wouldn't be posting this. But if you run it through google's cache, something definetly used to be there.

EDIT 2/3/06: *****I was helped out by a fellow member who happens to own this amp also. Believe it or not, but this member actually printed out a copy of the suggested settings when it was on their website! He scanned it for me and I now have it! I emailed SWR about their blunder of consumer relations on this and they have yet to get back to me. I doubt they will.

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    can anyone help me on this?

3. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    It appears by their online PDF versions that SWR has dropped the "Suggested Settings" from their newer manuals. It's a shame, as they were a helpful guide and "starting off" place for a new owner to find his/her sound. Looking over the WorkingPro manual, it also seems they've cut down on the size and helpfulness of the newer products as well (10 pages for the WorkingPro 700 vs. 24 for the 550x, and 52 for the Mini Mo', although the effects section on it warrents the page count) as well as the "tone" - the manuals written by former VP Bryan Beller in the late '90s to early '00s have a great "non-tech" approach that most product manuals lack. Dare I say they're almost fun to read, name-checking classic bass songs.

Anyway, you can find a Settings chart on page 22 of the 550x PDF, which I think is close enough to the front-end of the WorkingPro to be of some use.

Most likely you were talking to a Fender CS tool who knows nothing about SWR products. I'm hardly excusing it and I think SWR customers (myself included, as my Mini Mo' is currently in the shop) deserve better, but I wouldn't place the blame on SWR proper but instead the corporate structure they're now integrated into.

4. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Thanks for your help Ian!!!

5. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    *****I was helped out by a fellow member who happens to own this amp also. Believe it or not, but this member actually printed out a copy of the suggested settings when it was on their website! He scanned it for me and I now have it! I emailed SWR about their blunder of consumer relations on this and they have yet to get back to me. I doubt they will.

6. Adam Bomb

Adam Bomb

Mar 26, 2008
    Bezerkely, CA
    Hi: I just bought that exact head, and I would love to see these mythical Settings of Destiny. Pretty sure I am not getting the absolute most out of this beautiful, beautiful piece of equipment. Could someone (Tony G or anyone) possibly post this document somewhere, and provide a link? I promise to "pay it forward" and pass the grail on to any future travelers in need. Thank you, and may 700 watts be enough for me for a long time.

--Bomb :bassist:

7. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Wow, old thread. I might actually still have this sheet at home, but no promises. When I get home from work today I'll check and see.

8. Adam Bomb

Adam Bomb

Mar 26, 2008
    Bezerkely, CA
    Dude, you rock ... so hard ... ? :crying:

:bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

9. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Here ya go! Click thumbnail for full view.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Adam Bomb

Adam Bomb

Mar 26, 2008
    Bezerkely, CA
    Tony G: You
    *metal falsetto*
    roooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooock!

TY!

11. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    My pleasure. If anyone else needs them save them quickly though, as they won't be around forever!

12. jay loren

jay loren Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2011
    PA/NJ
    ... and helped me, Tony.
    Thank you so much.

13. rascool

rascool

Mar 1, 2008
    ...me too. Thanks Tony.

14. nurnay

nurnay Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Chico, CA
    Thanks for posting these!

15. Old thread revival - mucho thanko for putting those up :)

16. bottomzone

bottomzone

Oct 21, 2005
    Thanks Tony G.! I just bought one of these amps on ebay!