Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

swr workingpro??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by vig, Aug 23, 2005.

1. vig

vig

Aug 21, 2005
    it probably sounds daft but is the swr workingmans 115T and the workingpro 1x15 cabinet the same thing and if so whats yer opinion on it,what type of amp would suit im looking at the workingpro 400 head,or any better suggestions?my overall plan is to get a smaller set up,i tried a markbass combo over the weekend and it was nice but not the boot im after but good hooked up to the sound desk

2. Amp forum would be a good place to put this....
    yes, theyre the same thing. the workingpro head is IMO a very good head. personally i'd go for the 4x10 cab tho.

3. konfishily

konfishily

Jan 24, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    +1

i never liked single 15inch combos. Youd probably get as much low end with a 410 as you would with a 15.

4. vig

vig

Aug 21, 2005
    im using a hartke 4x10 cab at the moment but have been busy with lots of gigs lately sometimes doin 2 a night & aint got the luxury of a roadie so the big set has gots ta go,i need to bring the cab weight down to 50 pounds (or less),i might attempt the 2x10 the 15 is a big step down,but the head certainly sounds good,thanks for the help guys

5. I've got a Working pro 1x15 cab and love it. It works great for me I'm using a 100w tube head. I think the difference bertween the working pro and the working man is the working pro is a nicer cab like their top line cabs with the working man speakers set in them.

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Moved to Amps.

7. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    the WM 115 cab is a great cab for the mone if you are looking for a 115. In comparison to the son of bertha cab, it's really close. Much more than the wm 210 is to the goliath Jr.