Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR workingpro400 vs Warwick

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Possu jam, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Possu jam

Possu jam

May 16, 2004
    Finland
    I got a great deal for a Warwick ProFet IV head + ww 2x10 + couple of speakon cables for 930.

I really liked the Pro fet head. Lots of different stuff and great looking and solid.

I havent tried the SWR but could you guys tell me if the SWR is better in terms of quality, sound etc...

I play funk/rock/and everything else and would like to know your opinions. I have to make my own opinion when I get to test the SWR though...

2. markus

markus

Jan 13, 2005
    HTML:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2313952#post2313952
    Here's my thread.. I'm also thinking of buying a Warwick, but can't decide if I should go with the SWR or not...I can say one thing tho, the Goliath III is faaaar better than the regular workingman (but maybe you were only looking for heads?)

3. Possu jam

Possu jam

May 16, 2004
    Finland
    Well, I´m particulary looking for a head+cab. Maybe 2x10 cab. I´ll check your thread too. :)

4. markus

markus

Jan 13, 2005
    I don't know much about these kinds of things, but if you live in Finland, I must recommend you to check out the German stores that deliver. They're a lot cheaper than any of the stores here in sweden at least. I dunno about the prices in Finland, but check it out before you buy anything..
    Good Luck.