Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Prague77, Nov 28, 2001.

1. Prague77

Aug 20, 2001
    Waco, TX
    what do you guys think about the SWR Workingman’s 8x10 tower? what would be a good head for it?
  2. captainpabst

Mar 18, 2001
    i heard that cab the other day and wasn't impressed. any head with at least 300 watts would work.
  3. What does Rocco Prestia use with his
    Workingman's 8x10?
  4. Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    just a suggestion ...

i recommend trying out the goliath III 4x10. i dont know what the tower goes for or how it sounds, just suggesting cuz its a lot easier to haul a 4x10 plus goliaths are great cabs.

again .... just a suggestion .....
  5. Rocco uses the Workingman's power with it.
  6. From what I have seen the WM 8x10 and the Goliath 4x10 are around the same price. As far as what it sounds like I have no clue -although the WM 8x10 was smaller than I pictured it in my head for some reason.

sorry for the useless info ;)
  7. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I've seen from time to time package deals with the 810 and the WM 4004 head... great head, I really like mine, but I run my WM head through an ampeg 410... I haven't played through the WM cabs too much, so I can't really ive you any ideas with that. The WM 4004 is a 400 watt head.

8. i thought that the diffrences between the two were that the GIII had crisper highs due to the horn and the GIII can handle more watts. i thought for the money you can't go wrong with the workingman's 4x10. BTW I a/b'ed these cabs with a older bass 350 head.
  9. leper

Jun 21, 2001
    my opinion is that the working mans cabs arent too hot...

the heads are a great deal though. same quality as the pro series stuff just less features, the cabs on the other hand they kinda skimped on (to get the price down)

if youre lookin for bang for the buck get a workingmans head with a smaller pro series cab (ala a goliath)
  10. Prague77

Aug 20, 2001
    Waco, TX
  11. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    I played through the WM tower recently in my saearch for a cab. didnt like it at all. it felt kinda "cheap" not well constructed, and it had close to no low end response. not to mention that it wasnt very clear even on teh low E (and i play 5) I also played an ampeg BSE stack, with a 410 HLF on top, and a 115 on bottom. I was very impressed. it didnt suit my needs, but it was a nicer setup.