Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWR's MO' BASS

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shafticus, May 8, 2001.

1. shafticus

shafticus

Apr 12, 2000
    I didnt know what section to put this in (out of laziness also) so i figured put it here. Anyway, i was just wondering if anyone who has played a mo' bass amp, could tell me a little about it. More help is if someone has actually bought it, seeing as how this summer i may be able to buy it, and would rather spend my money on something else if it is crap. ALTHOUGH i dont think that it would be, i havent played it yet so i dont know. BTW, with past experiences of playing SWR's stuff, i have been very impressed by all the **** they made and dont think this would let me down, but i just wanna be safe.

2. There was a thread in the Amps section a while back that beat this one to death. I think the consensus was that the Mo' Bass is way overpriced for the quality of its effects and its overall sound.

Search out the thread in Amps for more info.

- Dave

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Well let's give the folks in the Amps forum another go at this topic, shall we?

Will C.:cool:

4. I'm not a big fan of SWR to begin with. I think they are too sterile and brittle sounding. That being said the Mo' Bass is probably the worst head I have ever seen for $ to quality ratio. If it was me I'd rather taunt a rabid dog than ever even think of buying a Mo' Bass. The effects are pretty weak, the tone is typical SWR (which some love, I hate it), and the construction seems REALLY flimsy.

Just my $0.02