Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shafticus, May 8, 2001.

1. shafticus

Apr 12, 2000
    I didnt know what section to put this in (out of laziness also) so i figured put it here. Anyway, i was just wondering if anyone who has played a mo' bass amp, could tell me a little about it. More help is if someone has actually bought it, seeing as how this summer i may be able to buy it, and would rather spend my money on something else if it is crap. ALTHOUGH i dont think that it would be, i havent played it yet so i dont know. BTW, with past experiences of playing SWR's stuff, i have been very impressed by all the **** they made and dont think this would let me down, but i just wanna be safe.
  2. There was a thread in the Amps section a while back that beat this one to death. I think the consensus was that the Mo' Bass is way overpriced for the quality of its effects and its overall sound.

Search out the thread in Amps for more info.

- Dave
  3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Well let's give the folks in the Amps forum another go at this topic, shall we?

Will C.:cool:
  4. I'm not a big fan of SWR to begin with. I think they are too sterile and brittle sounding. That being said the Mo' Bass is probably the worst head I have ever seen for $ to quality ratio. If it was me I'd rather taunt a rabid dog than ever even think of buying a Mo' Bass. The effects are pretty weak, the tone is typical SWR (which some love, I hate it), and the construction seems REALLY flimsy.

Just my $0.02