Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SWRs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SoComSurfing, Mar 8, 2002.

1. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    What is everyone's opinions of the Henry the 8x8? and the Goliath Senior (6x10)?

2. If your using between 400 and 500 watts at 4 ohms, nothings punchier or louder then the Henry 8x8.
    Henry is supposed to have better frequency response then the Goliath, however if you have mucho wattage the Goliath Sr. is the way to go.

3. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I love the Sr. and regret to this day that I sold mine last year! With an SWR Bass 750, it was killer clean. Punchy and powerful. Tone tilted toward the upper register. In other words, everything you want to bring out the sound of a really good bass and big enough for all but the largest rooms.

4. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    if they made a henry that handled 1000 watts like the sr...that would be the best cab in the WORLD.

on a related note - donne i know you run a henry on the bottom and a jr on the top - how much louder would that be than my triad + jr setup (running 350 watts stereo into each)

would that be louder than bridging 1kW mono into a sr?

jason

5. I'm back to running the Henry straight-up bridged mono at 500 watts RMS min..

It's so freaking loud and responsive.

A Senior running at 1,000 watts bridged mono with your power amp will be MUCH louder then the Triad & a 4 ohm Jr. running stereo.

It would be the killer set-up.
    The Sr. Cab would be practically bouncing off the floor.

6. leper

leper

Jun 21, 2001
    One thing to consider is that that 1k watts power rating seems a bit optimistic to me. I bridge 500 watts into me sr, and its workin pretty hard. Puttin 1k into it and it may just have a heart attack. If you really need that much volume, I hate to say it, but youre gonna need multiple cabs. Unless, of course, you like the sound of a cab approaching its limits. That doesnt happen to be my style (I prefer the sound of a cab with blenty of breathing room left), but if you dig that then so be it.

7. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Certainly not my experience. I used to drive mine with 750 watts into 4 ohms with the Bass 750 and the thing never flinched. It always had plenty in reserve. I think the 1K watts rating is conservative, in fact. 6 10's like the ones in that cab will handle a lot of power.