1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SX bass and H&S bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by badboy1984, Mar 2, 2008.

1. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    WE all know about SX bass in here and their is no need to talk about it. I've never play one and but heard they are very good for the money and is very good to use to mod the bass to your own liking.

I've done abit of research and find this company in germany that make both guitar and bass.

http://www.hs-guitarshop.com/

By the look of the picture on the website it look like pretty good for the price. Similar price to the SX bass.

I thinking about getting a fretless bass from them. What you guys think?

2. Are they only the Sequoias? I do't see any other models, even though there's a jazz in the banner. They look sharp, no idea what kind of quality they are. But if they're priced similarly to SX basses, I'd be down to give one a shot.

3. dinghy

dinghy

May 27, 2007
    Saratoga, CA
    I checked around and the cheapest bass I could find was $240, the Sequoia 5. Hardly SX money.

4. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

Granted I don't read German, but I couldn't find any info on what the basses are made of and what type of hardware is used. The six string looks to be about $100 more than the Douglas six stringers, but comparable in price to the Brice 6-ers. It's hard to say if they are worth the price without playing one first.

5. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I think i was mistaken from SX bass price. I live in UK and the price to buy SX bass + post and package is same price as a H&S bass with post and package.