1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SX Bass compatibility

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by _RHCP_, Apr 10, 2009.

1. _RHCP_

_RHCP_

Dec 1, 2008
    Hi, i am planning on purchasing an SX P-bass and i was wondering about the compatibility with other parts. Do standard Fender P-bass pickguards match up with it? How about a neck replacement, is the neck pocket the right size? I want to replicate the look of an american vintage 57 p-bass so thats why im askin

2. impactwrench

impactwrench

Feb 22, 2009
    The bridge matches up fine, but there will be 2 extra holes hidden under the fender bridge because the SX has 7 holes. The control plate from a MIA fender fit my SX jazz perfectly, but that doesnt help you. I doubt the pickguards will match exactly because even 2 squiers arent the same. SX and MIM tuners are the same size but the SX screw holes are closer together. I think you could fit a fender neck on it but you may have to drill new holes.

I took an SX 62 jazz bass in sunburst/tort and put an SX P-neck, MIM hardware and MIA electronics. So only the body and pickguard are original.

Honestly Id just get the closest SX to the "look" you want and call it a day....or maybe just a pup/electronics swap.