Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SX basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by d4soad, Dec 27, 2004.

1. d4soad

d4soad

Dec 27, 2004
    Hey guys im thinking of getting a SX VEB LTD Limited Edition as a first bass. I have heard good things about it. People say its a great value. Does anyone have anything to say??

2. 0scar

0scar

Jul 11, 2003
    The first bass I ever got was a SR400. Being in 8th grade, stubborn, and listening to Limp Bizkit and Korn, I wanted a 5 string bass bad. My dad, being a kind of conservatist old fashioned guy, thought I was dumb for wanting one. Somehow we settled and agreed to get a 5 string so we got an essex...it's actually alright for it's price. My warwick rockbass has died on me a few times but this one never has. It's ok as a starter bass in my opinion.

3. Since someone else posted their opinion, even though mine is buried in the megathread, here it is:

They are good basses for the money. I've owned 2. The BG205 and a Jazz 4. The BG205 was a decent 5 string and the Jazz was just smokin, especially with the pickup upgrade in it although I imagine the stock ones were damned good too. Like other basses such as Squier or Rogue (more so squier, rogue is pretty much miss all the time from what I've heard) its hit or miss. The great thing is is that if you get a miss, Kurt (owner of www.rondomusic.net) is one awesome guy with killer customer service and will help ya out right away.

I'd say that if you are tight on cash or want a good starter bass or just one to mod or beat around, go for an SX. If you are wanting a lil more quality but a low price also, go for the Brice basses (also on www.rondomusic.net).

Hope that was of some help.

Peace,
    Tyler

4. pierce

pierce freethinker

May 25, 2000
    San Francisco, Ca
    im seriously considering the sx acoustic bass, and the brice 6 strings, as my entry into those arena's.

5. Mind Eroded

Mind Eroded Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2003
    Brooklyn/Buffalo, NY

oh snap Dave, hows it hangin? its Paul

6. primus_55

primus_55

Dec 28, 2004
    High quailty basses at a great price, cant go wrong IMO.

7. d4soad

d4soad

Dec 27, 2004
    Whats up Paul.