1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SX basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jaffa110, Mar 8, 2006.

1. jaffa110

jaffa110

Mar 8, 2006
    Hey guys Ive been playing bass about a year now and ive only had my own bass for about 8 weeks... it was a yamaha RBX-170 that i got for $375 AUD.. but i got a lemon and whilst my replacement is in the mail already i am seriously put off... also my sound has changed from gnr and acdc to a bit more varied, i.e green day, living end, led zeppelin, blues and pub rock etc. and the yamaha has a really modern look and sound... i was looking at trading it in for a SX P-Bass or Jazz copy. Can anyone give me some info on these instruments (especially in regard to getting them in Aus) or suggest any other brands that would be good? i would describe myself as intermediate level... my band is starting to get a few gigs so i need to make my decision and get a reliable bass soon :D

2. Welcome to TB. Please learn to use the search forum and thread facilities - they are your friend. The SX thread is here:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57599

It currently has about 5700 posts so if you search it, you may find what you need. If not, that thread may be a good place to ask.

Peace,
    S