SX BG-205 Any Good?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by prokfrog, May 21, 2007.

1. prokfrog

prokfrog

Mar 16, 2007
    new jersey
    Hi,
    I'm looking to hear from anyone who has had some experience with this bass. I'm shopping for an inexpensive, gig-worthy backup 5-string

thanks

2. prokfrog

prokfrog

Mar 16, 2007
    new jersey
    BUMP

With all the buzz about SX basses, nobody has this one?

3. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    I have one, ere is a link to a review I wrote on it that I posted on another site:
    http://www.bassnutz.com/showthread.php?t=3107

A very decent back up, for the money. The bridge and the pots are cheap, but the build quality is OK and the pickups are surprisingly good.

I have a recording of my band live with me playing the SX, and I am amazed by how it sounds.

4. prokfrog

prokfrog

Mar 16, 2007
    new jersey
    THANKS!!

5. leftybass77

leftybass77

Sep 22, 2010
    I have a lefty BG-205. It was the cheapest 5 string I could find that didn't have a flabby B string --I got it when Rondo was a store in Union NJ. Like KPJ said the hardware is garbage but I was also shocked how good it sounded on a recording I did. I gigged with it twice it was fine. It's also very light which I like. The body may be alder. The site says "not plywood" which is very re-assuring. lol

6. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Zombie thread!!!!

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021