1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD SX brand neck (older headstock)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by jazzyitalian, Jan 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. jazzyitalian

jazzyitalian Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Lawyer and Hobbist Bass Maker
    Price:
    My brother bought this as part of a lot of spare parts. We were into the buy for some relic hardware. But this neck along with some other nicknacks were included.

I don't know much about this brand. What I can say is that based on what I saw from a brief google search is that the headstock cut is older and more accommodating for larger backed tuners. (The newer SX headstocks look stupid. My opinion)

I don't know the age of this. More than 5 years for sure. Maybe 10.

Condition-wise, its in very good to excellent shape. The finish is near perfect with no damage or wear. The frets have minimal wear. Frets 1 2 and 3 show a bit more wear and yet there is plenty of life there. But I'll cut some fret wire for the first three frets to size and include them in case someone wants to replace it. There are 2 small indents on the first fret. Nothing to be concerned about. It's cosmetic and very small.

Photos show a beautiful flame on the back of the neck. Side dots on the 12th fret are slightly unaligned. (See photo)

There appears to be plenty of room in the truss rod and the neck is straight and aligned. It's not going to bow when you mount it. It feels thick, and heavy, and sturdy. An honest and true C-profile.

Measurements: Nut=1 9/16" Last Fret = 2 1/2" heel thickness = 15/16"

Asking price includes free shipping to US residents only. If you live outside of the US, please contact me for an independant shipping quote.

Finally, there are also some unbranded chrome tuners that we think may have belonged with this neck. The holes line up. I'll add those tuners (with ferrules) for another $15 if you want them.

I like pay pal....

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      71.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      57.5 KB
      Views: