1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SX Career choice

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bruiser1964, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Cool!

2. mcapote

mcapote

Sep 9, 2009
    Miami Florida
    welcome to a year ago

3. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    yeah thats been discussed around here quite a bit.
    must have missed that one huh?
    :/

4. That bridge pickup placement bothers me to no end. It looks as though all you'd get from it is nasally, nasty, thin, bad, single-coil sound. Just not good. Otherwise, I like the finish. If I could put in a decent P pickup, take out the crap bridge pickup and cover the route, replace the neck, and drop in a 2-band EQ, I'd have a sexy Super-P.

5. :crying: Damn! I thought I was the first!

6. Medford Bassman

Medford Bassman Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Medford, Wisconsin
    All I can say is, "AAARRGGHH! Abast Ye Matey!"

7. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    Pretty much perfect if you're in a pirate/folk metal band like Alestorm or Swashbuckle.

8. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    Dude. It's a pirate bass.

9. Uh, ever seen a Jazz bass before?

10. dabbler

dabbler

Aug 17, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    SURE you can!! If you are doing free credit report commercials. You haven't seen that one???? :bag:

11. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Hah! Wrong! Sounds great! (Actually, It sounds like any other PJ Bass.) And the picture isn't accurate. There's no red binding and no red pickup cover on mine. Nice scarf, though. The is actually not black as thought but a dark, dark red. Neck is a little smaller at the nut than my Jazz and the bridge MUST be replaced, IMO.
    DSC00168.