SX "Custom Handmade" "Standard Series" P Bass wiring

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by kannonn, Aug 15, 2022.

1. kannonn

kannonn

Aug 15, 2022
    Hi there,

Does anyone else here own the above bass that has (or can take) a photo of the wiring as it came stock that they could share here so I can compare it to the wiring in this bass that I've just come into possession of? It looks like the previous owner has had a go at fixing some wiring problems that I'm not sure did anything but make matters worse. Before I go about trying to solve the problem I want a good look at how the wiring should look from the factory.
    I don't know if "Custom Handmade" or "Standard Series" is the actual model name for this bass, I'm just going off what is printed on its' headstock. It's a 4 string P Bass clone style bass that looks to be between 5 and 10 years old, and has a single P bass style split pickup.
    Apologies for being vague with this post, I'm just trying to get this thing working again ASAP. If anyone can help ASAP I'd be greatly appreciative.
    Cheers.

2. B-Mac

B-Mac Happiness is a warm puppy and a great bass Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Maybe someone at Rondo Music can help you out?

Or someone here?
    Essex Bass Club - Part 15

3. Snert

Snert

Oct 3, 2021
    Is it just a passive volume and tone or is there a preamp on board? If the former, any P bass wiring diagram will do.

4. JC BASS 91

JC BASS 91

Oct 22, 2021
    SW Missouri
    I had several SX basses back in the day. The wiring on them is just normal wiring for any given style. So, since you say it is a PBass, it should be wired liked this...at least if it is still stock.

Attached Files:

LoveThatBass likes this.