1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SX (essex) 70s style Jazz Bass (old headstock)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Basstovsky, May 26, 2011.

1. Basstovsky

Basstovsky Stuck on those 4-strings Supporting Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Massachusetts
    So here's a great playing Jazz bass, I've had it for a while and since I'm not gigging it anymore, its time to thin my herd a bit. I'm not the original owner so it has been around, and its not just a starter bass! This thing is solid, and (in my opinion) with its candy apple red finish looks better than any Squier.
    70's style jazz bass, got the blocked and bound neck and closer to the bridge bridge pickup. It has had some upgrades, A black Gotoh bridge, black control plate, all black screws, and fender jazz bass knobs. Looks slick and plays great too.

DSC00917.
    The neck blocks are black, they look odd because of the light reflecting on the clearcoat.
    DSC009182.

DSC00924.

Now for the negatives. Bridge pickup route is a little big, and looks like it was altered to fit a different pickup at one time
    (I can't tell if the one in it is original, but looks standard).
    DSC00919.

The fender jazz control plate is notched differently so there is a small gap where it meets the pickguard
    DSC00888.

Pretty sure the neckplate is upside-down, I will turn it around if the buyer desires.
    DSC00920.

I kept a pick at the upper area of the pickguard, and it left some very light scratches, hard to photograph but they're there.
    This is also the best picture I have of the candy apple red finish!
    DSC00889.

Lastly, around the 7th fret on the lower side of the neck binding (not the side that faces you) there is an odd defect in the clear coat.
    DSC00897.

It plays great, sounds great, and from a couple feet away looks excellent. Trying to be as up-front about the defects as possible, its definitely a player, but with some good cosmetic upgrades as well. I don't have a case for it, but I will ship it in the original packaging that it came in from Rondomusic, with plenty of bubblewrap.

These are no longer available, and it has some upgrades so I'd like to get $125 plus shipping, or $150 shipped, buyers choice (if you PM me your address I can usually get you a shipping quote). Check my feedback for my previous sales.

Thanks for looking!

2. PM Sent.

3. Payment sent! PM sent.

4. Basstovsky

Basstovsky Stuck on those 4-strings Supporting Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Bass sold to Marc. Thanks everyone for comin out!