1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SX (Essex) fans-- don't miss THIS! WOW!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dougjwray, Aug 3, 2012.

1. dougjwray

dougjwray

Jul 20, 2005
  2. really? i have an SX P-bass and i was planning on upgrading to a better neck, that's gunna be a bummer if i can't

3. Slax

Slax

Nov 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    I was able to put an All Parts neck on my SX Jazz bass with minimal effort. :)

Edit:
    Just dug up a pic with it in there. It's the white SX bass in the back to the right:
    [​IMG]

4. nice, i was thinkin about getting a Fender American neck for my SX. also, what's up with that jazz bass body? it looks like they used 2 different woods on it!

5. I'll buy a p or j body off someone if they buy it...

6. Did I read that right? $179 for all six bodies? I'd be tempted if I could get just one of those for a lot cheaper, I just happen to have an old headstock SX maple neck just laying around.

7. mulchor

mulchor

Apr 21, 2010
    St Pete, FL
    IME the necks are *nearly* interchangable. Nothing a lil sandpaper and/or shimming can't fix (which is also pretty much true of the retail complete instruments).

I'd think if he listed them individually, they'd go quite fast.

Myself, I need fewer, not more. :( But I do have an extra old-style SX neck (white binding/inlays) that'd look sweet...

8. bassbenj

bassbenj

Aug 11, 2009
    That would doubtless be because with SX sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you!

9. George Mann

George Mann Banned

May 27, 2012
    Colorado
    I have had 2 SX and 1 Douglass body, all with Fender necks on them!

My Douglass Pisces (mid '50's P-Bass) currently sports a Fretless Fender custom shop neck (just took a little elbow grease).

10. I'd buy the 5 string body if anybody picks these up.

11. Sorry, this item is out of stock!

Somebody bought 'em!

12. bootsox

bootsox

Apr 28, 2012
    Biloxi, MS
    damn, I wish I saw that when I was ordering from rondo the other day