SX they exist?...are they any good?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Broach_insound, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    Just wondering if SX makes a fretless and if so are they any good? I want a fretless friend for my MIA Fender JJ deluxe , never had a fretless so I thought Id buy a cheapie and test it out.
  2. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
  3. i think tb member Figjam used to own a fretless sx
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Mmm i was just coming in here to post about that
    I had a fretless SX p bass. It was pretty good. I think teh fretboard had a dead spot around the 5th fret, common to those necks. That bothered me bc it would disrupt my slides so i basically said poo to that bass. Tried making it a fretted but the replafement neck had a suck fretjob so i sold it.

If it wasnt for the one dead spot, that bass kicked booty. Sounded great.
  5. Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    I own a fretless P-style SX and had this same thought. I've never played a fretless so I thought I'd get a cheapie just to try and so far I am blown away with the quality vs. price comparison. Sure it's not the best bass I've ever played, but for under $200 it is far and away the best $130 bucks I've ever spent.
    mine has one or two dead or uneven spots but they honestly don't bother me that much, i hardly ever notice them.

this is the one I have....
  6. Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    I've been gasing for one of those. I think roundwounds on a maple fretboard would be SWEET.
  7. Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    I'm really happy with everything on mine.....the body, bridge, pickups, etc. The fretboard is about the only small complaint I have.
  8. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    I have the 5 string fretless jazz bass. I really like it a lot. I got a set up and stuff like that and it sounds amazing. I really like this bass a lot. I don't think you'll find anything better than it at all for $130. I think its a great bass for the money.
  9. Racsen

Dec 6, 2003
    I have sx fretless but it used to be fretted :)

And now it sounds good i really like it but i thinmk it needs some pickups only.