1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SX Fretless precision?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Niemi, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Niemi

Niemi

Jun 3, 2007
    So lately I've been trying to look at several different SX models and I was really interested in the fretless precision model. I wonder however what kind of genres a fretless precision would fit in. Right now I play tons of classic rock. The Beatles, The Doors, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Who, etc. I'm not sure but I think a fretless precision would sound best playing finger-style funk or motown stuff. Anyone ever try a fretless precision or know if this model would be any good in the styles I play?

http://www.rondomusic.com/spb57fretless.html

2. i have not tried an SX fretless, but I have played a MIJ fender with BA bridge and flats.

There was plenty of mwah, but there was also plenty of clarity so that the bass can be played in any context; funk, rock, punk, anything with a bass in it. It mostly has to do with technique (for me anyways).

3. TrevorOfDoom

TrevorOfDoom

Jun 17, 2007
    Austin, TX
  4. eh you're probably right, never mind then.