1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

sx fretless...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PMC89, Jun 8, 2007.

1. PMC89

PMC89

May 1, 2006
    New Jersey
    would this be a decent first, budget fretless. i REALLY can't spend more than this, so, please,i don't need to hear anything about other instruments.

unless its like a used fender for under 200.....

http://www.rondomusic.net/sjb62ctfretless.html

2. Dee_01

Dee_01

May 19, 2007
  3. Gopher Bob

Gopher Bob

Nov 24, 2001
    Florida
    I got a 5 string fretless SX from that site. If your buying this to see if you like fretless (the reason i bought my SX) then its perfect.

Otherwise...

If you know you like fretless and can't spend anymore this will be fine.

or

Like the guy above said if you can save just a wee bit more you can get a whole lot more.

Another reason I got an SX fretless was because I didn't want to pay much and I wanted a fretless just to mess around with. I am very happy with my purchase.

4. WingKL

WingKL

May 12, 2007
    I just received my 4 string jazz fretless sx. The pickups sound like they were wound by a bunch of drunken monkeys. The neck pickup was way unbalanced towards the treble and the bridge pickup was muffled and soft. I was impressed by the fit and finish however and would only replace the pickups on it. Figure the price of a possible pickup upgrade if you are thinking about buying one.

5. Dee_01

Dee_01

May 19, 2007
    Thta's one reason why I suggested the Squier. The Duncan Designed pickups are very good and don't particularly need to be upgraded. Slap a Badass II on there and new tuners and the bass should last a very long time.

6. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    I love my lefty SX fretless.
    fretlesssx.jpg

7. PMC89, really, get one if you are interested, I did and I use it to gig with. You may eventually want a nicer one once you decide what "your sound" is but mine sounds good, looks good and I'll never lose more than $100.00 on it (surely it will always be worth at least $50.00!). It has more output than my active bass and it sounds good with the flats they shipped it with but better IMHO with the nickel ground wounds I put on.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021