1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SX J loaded body

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by superfunk47, Jul 25, 2012.

1. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    Up for sale is (was, now SOLD) a nice solid ebony/maple lined fretless Warmoth neck. Standard Schaller size tuner holes. I'm the second owner - it is an older neck, and has been drilled for two different tuners and neck pockets. I filled the first set and drilled the second to fit a standard Fender neck pocket, and the tuner holes to fit Hipshot ultralights. It originally had a tinted satin finish which is now more faded, especially on the front of the headstock and the back of the neck, but it's still there and still very smooth. The fingerboard is in great shape, too, with nothing beyond surface scratches from strings - still shiny, still smooth. Nice and straight, and solid as a rock. (If they're nothing else, Warmoth necks are stable.)

I'll let it go for $120 shipped CONUS. -SOLD-

Also for sale is a fully loaded SX J body from one of the last runs of old headstocks (the neck has been defretted and isn't terribly desirable anymore). Everything is there, just slap a neck on and string it up. I'm including a set of StewMac stainless steel neck screws to replace the stock ones which were not so great. A few dings here and there, but overall in very good shape.

The cheapest full scale Js you can buy from Rondo are around $150 after shipping, so I'll let this one go for $100 shipped CONUS.

I'm not too keen on trades at the moment - cash is king. Pics are here: http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/kk232/strongbadian4747/

2. dukeplaysbass

dukeplaysbass Supporting Member

Sent a PM on the fretless neck....very interested.

3. Pm'd!

4. low2groove

low2groove Tyranis 4 / Lower Groove Guitars

Jan 21, 2007
    Pm

5. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    PMs returned, neck is sold, body is still available.

6. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Apr 19, 2009
    Hawaii
    PM'd..